Joke of the day

by Charlie_East_West on March 26, 2013

imagesCA2UHVF3

Michael Gove has acknowledged that punctuation is still poor in schools.
(I blame the parentheses).

George_East March 26, 2013 at 11:24 am

Isn’t Michael Gove the joke of the year?

Charlie_East_West March 26, 2013 at 11:28 am

He has stiff competition from a few others…Boris, Gideon, Dave etc…

Personally, I think the biggest joke is Jeremy Hunt.

George_East March 26, 2013 at 11:33 am

You are right. In reality Gove is borderline fascist scary (his Daily Mail rant yesterday was truly terrifying – any one who opposes his ideas is a Marxist or some such claptrap). I think the biggest joke in the cabinet is Grant Shapps/Michael Green/Whatever he is calling himself this week. Runner up – Hunt.

There are many close contenders though.

Charlie_East_West March 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

Did anyone see the Boris documentary last night?
I thought it was a little bit toadying. Yes, the usual dark topics came up, but once again Boris came across as an acceptable rogue.

George_East March 26, 2013 at 11:37 am

I couldn’t face it. Tim Montgomerie loved it, so I was guessing it was a bit of a Boris lovefest.

Eddie Kaye March 26, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Surely to god, Gideon has to be the ultimate winner, maybe with Clegg chasing down a close second (jumping lamely on the ‘talking tough on immigration’ farce helped his claim).

I managed 5 minutes of the Borisfest last night by the way Charlie, nauseating!

Ray_North March 26, 2013 at 11:28 am

I don’t get it(?)

Charlie_East_West March 26, 2013 at 11:32 am

Good response (Ray)

Charlie_East_West March 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm

The Boris documentary was dressed up as hard hitting, but it gave us nothing new, and he just blustered his way through.
I am increasingly of the view that Boris will end up as Tory leader. Due to an ever increasing ‘pyramid of piffle’ and scandal, he should be finished in politics, instead, he is untouchable.

George_East March 26, 2013 at 1:01 pm

He is, in part, untouchable because the Mayor of London job is largely that of a salesman. I am not sure that he would hold up quite so well under the spotlight shone on a more substantial role.

Ray_North March 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I watched it (Boris lovefest) – there is something unique about Boris Johnson. The left shouldn’t underestimate him, he is able to do something that no other politician can at the present – evoke sympathy and even empathy as opposed to disdain and apathy.

George_East March 26, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Agreed Ray, but he shouldn’t be over-estimated either.

Charlie_East_West March 26, 2013 at 2:02 pm

The problem with Boris, is that he is now bullet proof from the fall out of almost any scandal. If the Tories lose the next election, I cannot see what will stop him becoming the next leader of the Tory party.

George_East March 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I think he may well do, but that doesn’t mean he remains bullet proof thereafter.

Charlie_East_West March 26, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I suspect that is what the media want. Tall Poppy Syndrome.